Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by er...@deltalloydLife.be on 2002/11/07 16:13:54 UTC

Soap and Resin

Dear all,

I'm using Apache-soap and Resin 2.1.1
My setup is as follows.
1 machine for apache (http)
1 for resin (servlets and jsp)
1 for database.

I now am having problems deploying apache-soap.
1. My first question is on which of the 2 machines (apache or resin
machine) do I need to deploy soap?
2. When I run the deployment on the resin or even the apache machine I get
the following error:

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol;
msg=Unsupported response content type "text/html; charset=iso-8859-1", must
be: "text/xml". Response was:
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Not Found</H1>
The requested URL /soap/servlet/rpcrouter was not found on this server.<P>
</BODY></HTML>
]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:175)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:212)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:129)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java:142)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:230)

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks in advance

gr
Erwin Vogeleer

Re: Soap and Resin

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You install Apache SOAP on the Resin machine according to these
instructions:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-soap/java/docs/install/
resin211.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html.

Scott Nichol

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: Soap and Resin