Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dies Koper <di...@jp.fujitsu.com> on 2006/10/25 08:13:30 UTC

are JSPs using Java5.0 syntax supported completely?

Hello,

I never doubted that Tomcat 5.5 supported JSPs using Java5.0's new
syntax and features, until I read the following in the docs:

The Java compiler from Eclipse JDT in included as the default compiler.
[...] This new compiler will be updated to support the Java 5 syntax as
soon as possible.

I found it here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html#Configuration

Is this just an old sentence from when Tomcat 5.5 development just
started that did not get removed or are there really limitations to the
Java 5.0 features you can use in an un-pre-compiled JSP?

Thanks,
Dies

Re: are JSPs using Java5.0 syntax supported completely?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Dies-
I did not see those inconsistencies from the release notes described at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html
Could you be more specific on where you see lack of support for JDK 1.5.?
(The page you mentioned details configuration for JSP compile for either JDK 1.4 or 1.5)
Martin --
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents
Posted by Dies Koper <di...@jp.fujitsu.com>.
Hello Filip, all,

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.