Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "dominic.martino" <do...@virginwines.co.uk> on 2014/07/10 14:47:42 UTC

Dataimport does not seem to commit in SOLR Cloud

Hi all,

         Hope I am in the right place.

I currently have a setup which is a Solr Cloud which has 3 nodes, I then
have a zookeeper assemble with 3 nodes as well.

I am doing a dataimport which fills the index with 3.8 million documents, if
I look in the 'Cloud' section of the Solr admin and find the leader Solr
node and run the full dataimport on that node, everything works as it
should. Index builds and once complete is transferred to the other nodes,
great.

However if I run the full dataimport on a node which is not the 'leader',
when it finishes I just end up with a empty index across the whole cloud.

Any ideas? I have looked in the zookeeper/solr logs and nothing jumps
out.....