Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/17 19:10:45 UTC

HDFS write failures!

Hi,

I was going through some documents about HDFS write pattern. It looks like
the write pipeline is closed when a error is encountered and the faulty
node is  taken out of the pipeline and the write continues.Few other
intermediate steps are to move the un-acked packets from ack queue to the
data queue.

My question is , is this faulty data node is reported to the NN and whether
NN would continue to use it as a valid DN while serving other write
requests in future or will it make it as faulty ?

Thanks,
Rahul

Re: HDFS write failures!

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ravi for the pointer. I will look into the pointed out source.

Rahul

Re: HDFS write failures!

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: HDFS write failures!