Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Bagepalli, Kiran" <kb...@informatica.com> on 2002/12/04 21:20:44 UTC

XercesDOMParser settings

I am a little lost on the settings for DOMPrint.
If I say setDoNamespaces(true), I do not get any namespace information in
the DOMNode.
However if I say setDoSchema(true) also getURI and getPrefix return values.

Also local elements(from a schema with targetnamespace="unqualified") do not
return any prefix or URI.
Is this intended. So the only way to get the URI is by walking up the DOM
tree and find the global element and use its URI.

How does this work.
namespace A elementformdefault="unqualified"
<element name="a" type="B:b">

namespace B elementformdefault="qualified"
<complextype name="b">
  <element name="b1">

So in the XML, do I qualify b1?

Thanks