Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2009/09/08 19:38:42 UTC

First draft in trunk, please review (was:Re: [smtp] ConfigurableHandler...?)

Hi all,

please review the just commited first draft of using Commons
configuration to configure handler / hooks. Its not complete yet but I
think you can get an idea about the idea..

Thx,
Norman

Re: First draft in trunk, please review (was:Re: [smtp] ConfigurableHandler...?)

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

comments inline...

2009/9/15 Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>:
> the new configuration stuff looks good :-)
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wonder if it would make sense to move the ConfigurationWrapping
>
> is ConfigurationWrapper now called JamesConfiguration ?

Yes thats it, not sure if the naming is the best ;)

>> to an extra service (because we could reuse it for other components too)
>> and only inject an "Subnodeconfiguration" into the handler.  This
>> should work with using configurationAt() method of commons
>> configuration. IMHO a handler should only need the part of the
>> configuration which belongs to it...
>
> yes but not yet ;-)
>
> IMHO an incremental approach would be the right way to go about it.
> the next step would be pushing the changes up to AbstractJamesService
> level and converting POP3 etc.
>
> - robert

+1 makes sense..

Bye,
Norman

Re: First draft in trunk, please review (was:Re: [smtp] ConfigurableHandler...?)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I wonder if it would make sense to move the ConfigurationWrapping to
an extra service (because we could reuse it for other components too)
and only inject an "Subnodeconfiguration" into the handler.  This
should work with using configurationAt() method of commons
configuration. IMHO a handler should only need the part of the
configuration which belongs to it...

Thoughts ?