Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by "Salazar, Alexander" <Sa...@GSB.Stanford.Edu> on 2009/09/01 21:52:54 UTC

Shiro Site Content Updates

Hi folks,
I'd like to help update your website content.  Specifically, I'd like to normalize the naming of the project since Shiro, Ki, and JSecurity are still used interchangeably in some places and likely creates confusion for new users like me.

I've already gone through some of the article content and created edited copies and would like to start uploading.

A little bit about me, my name is Alex, studied CS with Les, just finished up a masters in business at Stanford, and I have a keen interest in identity management which led me to Shiro.

Alex Salazar
571-276-7777
salazar_alex@gsb.stanford.edu<ma...@gsb.stanford.edu>

Re: Shiro Site Content Updates

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Alex,

Your ICLA has been recorded, thanks.

You are all set to edit the Shiro confluence pages.

Thanks,

Craig

On Sep 1, 2009, at 6:43 PM, Salazar, Alexander wrote:

> CLA has been sent to apache.org and I've set up an account with
> confluence.
>
> Please let me know who I need to send another copy of CLA and my
> confluence userid to.

Craig L Russell

Posted by "Salazar, Alexander" <Sa...@GSB.Stanford.Edu>.
CLA has been sent to apache.org and I've set up an account with confluence.

Please let me know who I need to send another copy of CLA and my confluence userid to.

Oops, if all the errant web content is wiki, then all Alex needs is a
CLA and a wiki account.

Craig

On Sep 1, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> How would Alex create patches for wiki content?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les
>
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Craig L
> Russell<Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>> Cool!
>>
>> To start, the best way is to pick a page (or a few), make an update
>> to the
>> sources, and post a patch. If you're going to do several of them,
>> file a
>> JIRA like "update web pages to change JSecurity and Ki to Shiro".
>> And you
>> can upload all of the patches as you create them.
>>
>> And please file an Individual Contributor License Agreement.
>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
>>
>> We're always happy to welcome new contributors.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Sep 1, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Salazar, Alexander wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>> I'd like to help update your website content.  Specifically, I'd
>>> like to
>>> normalize the naming of the project since Shiro, Ki, and JSecurity
>>> are still
>>> used interchangeably in some places and likely creates confusion
>>> for new
>>> users like me.
>>>
>>> I've already gone through some of the article content and created
>>> edited
>>> copies and would like to start uploading.
>>>
>>> A little bit about me, my name is Alex, studied CS with Les, just
>>> finished
>>> up a masters in business at Stanford, and I have a keen interest
>>> in identity
>>> management which led me to Shiro.
>>>

>>> Alex Salazar
>>> 571-276-7777
>>> salazar_alex@gsb.stanford.edu<ma...@gsb.stanford.edu>
>>>

>> Craig L Russell
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Craig L Russell

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Oops, if all the errant web content is wiki, then all Alex needs is a
CLA and a wiki account.

Craig

On Sep 1, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> How would Alex create patches for wiki content?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les
>
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Craig L
> Russell<Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>> Cool!
>>
>> To start, the best way is to pick a page (or a few), make an update
>> to the
>> sources, and post a patch. If you're going to do several of them,
>> file a
>> JIRA like "update web pages to change JSecurity and Ki to Shiro".
>> And you
>> can upload all of the patches as you create them.
>>
>> And please file an Individual Contributor License Agreement.
>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
>>
>> We're always happy to welcome new contributors.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Sep 1, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Salazar, Alexander wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>> I'd like to help update your website content.  Specifically, I'd
>>> like to
>>> normalize the naming of the project since Shiro, Ki, and JSecurity
>>> are still
>>> used interchangeably in some places and likely creates confusion
>>> for new
>>> users like me.
>>>
>>> I've already gone through some of the article content and created
>>> edited
>>> copies and would like to start uploading.
>>>
>>> A little bit about me, my name is Alex, studied CS with Les, just
>>> finished
>>> up a masters in business at Stanford, and I have a keen interest
>>> in identity
>>> management which led me to Shiro.
>>>

>>> Alex Salazar
>>> 571-276-7777