Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pe...@ubs.com on 2006/11/16 19:31:08 UTC

Can a Archiva Repo be transfered from machine to an isolated machine

Hi

I want to create a remote internal repository on an isolated server.

I have a plan. Your comments are welcomed please!

0) Clean my project down (mvn clean)

1) With my development PC, set up Archiva on a Tomcat instance
2) With a tomcat instance create a blank empty internal repository
   (e.g. C:\opt\archiva-transfer-repo )
3) Set up a proxy of the Maven Central, because my PC can see the
Internet.

4) Switch my current ~/.m2/settings.xml to a brand new configuration
   a) I switch over to completely fresh M2 local repository (e.g.
C:\opt\throwaway-repo )
   b) Switch over to the Archiva internal repository, which is now
proxying
      Maven Central

5) Clean my project down complete again, to test the Archiva running on
my development machine

6) Rebuid the entire project `mvn install'

7) Stop.

With the now full internal repository with Archiva
(C:\opt\archiva-transfer-repo)
can I move this remote repository from one machine to another? In other
words
can I copy it from my development PC to the isolated machine?

TIA

--
Peter Pilgrim
UBS Investment Bank,

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

related financial instruments.

Re: Can a Archiva Repo be transfered from machine to an isolated machine

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, you're one of a handful of people in the world who are
using Archiva at this point.

I think you're going to just have to try this and then let us know
that it works or not, rather than hoping that someone else will
respond. Or get on IRC and ask one of the Archiva devs for
confirmation.

I think Tamas has responded that you can do this with Proximity
without any troubles, so that's another option too.

Wayne

Posted by "Mohni, Daniel" <da...@ch.unisys.com>.
Hello Peter

Answers inline

Maven repositories are on ly files with metadata in xml files,
therefore you can copy the hole repository to another machine.

this will work as long as you don't have new dependencies...

As far as I know you can also tell archiva to work in offline mode,
then no access is made to the internet

Daniel