Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com> on 2001/08/22 01:06:35 UTC

@see me remove java.lang refs from the javadocs

Anyone care if I remove all of the @see javadoc directives that
reference a java.lang.* class? I'm kinda bored with the build messages
they throw =)

Unless, of course, there is some condition where they build cleanly, but
I assume that would be having the java.lang docs in the same tree, yes?

- Christopher

Re: @see me remove java.lang refs from the javadocs

Posted by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>.
Quoting Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>:

> You can link to other packages like this:
>
> [dim@host63 javadoc]$ javadoc -d docs/ \
> > -linkoffline http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/ \
> > . src/Test.java
>
> and in the current directory have a file called package-list that
> contains
> all the packages you want to link to that url.
>
> probably a good idea to put that in your build script - not sure
> how/if
> ant handles it - haven't looked.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll see about fixing the build script.

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
You can link to other packages like this:

[dim@host63 javadoc]$ javadoc -d docs/ \
> -linkoffline http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/ \
> . src/Test.java

and in the current directory have a file called package-list that contains
all the packages you want to link to that url.

probably a good idea to put that in your build script - not sure how/if
ant handles it - haven't looked.

cheers
dim