Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jeroen Verhagen <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/28 16:17:19 UTC

Some beginners questions about error handling

Hi all

I have two beginners questions about setting up error handling:

I found most question from other users concerning error handling
ending up at using servicemix-camel, is there no non-camel method of
plugging something into the JBI container that can capture any or
specific classes of exceptions? I was thinking about a bean for
example.

If you go for the camel way of handling errors can camel handle any
error in the JBI-container or can it only handle errors coming from
routes camel is a part of? I mean can camel handle a transformation
problem if you use servicemix-eip and servicemix-saxon to do the
transformation (so in any case not using camel for transformation). Or
can camel handle a problems between a ftp:poller and a file:sender?

--

regards,

Jeroen