Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Rick Gibbs <ri...@earthcars.com> on 2000/12/21 04:10:42 UTC

Multiple Template roots?

Hi all,

I am currently working on new concept at our company where are trying to
replace a jsp taglib template system with Velocity.  We are implementing
what Jon describes as "Pull MVC" on the velocity homepage and have been
sucessfull with one site.  We basically map an extension to our controller
servlet which fills the context with the necessary data and renders the
requested template.  We have this working with a single site but I need to
support multiple virtual hosts, each with their own template root.  Does
anyone have any ideas on how to attack this problem?  Should I write my own
template loader that can work for multiple template roots?

BTW: I converted 2 internal model 2 jsp apps to velocity over the last 2
weeks and they are crankin'  Its our mission to remove jsp completely from
our architecture over the next couple of months!!  Velocity is a ROCKIN!

-Rick