Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2007/01/26 08:19:53 UTC

Re: svn commit: r500064 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/modules: geronimo-openejb-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/openejb/deployment/ geronimo-openejb-builder/src/test/java/org/apache/geronimo/openejb/deployment/ geronimo-openejb/src/main/java/

On 1/26/07, dblevins@apache.org <db...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: dblevins
> Date: Thu Jan 25 15:56:05 2007
> New Revision: 500064

> Log:
> Updates for repackaging in openejb

> +import org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb3.EjbDeployment;

I asked about it while Dave J. was crafting the configs for Java EE
packages and am asking about it now. Could we settle on javaee as a
shortcut for Java EE 5 rather than using jee (pronounciation's better,
though)? And what are the reasons for oejb3? Couldn't ejb3 be used
instead?

I'm not tied to these name change proposals, so good reasons to leave
it as they're now will do the trick. Without them I can't understand
why such mystic names are better than their longer counterparts?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Packages for jaxb (Re: svn commit: r500064 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/modules: geronimo-openejb-builder)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Jacek, replying on OpenEJB Dev.

On Jan 25, 2007, at 11:19 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 1/26/07, dblevins@apache.org <db...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: dblevins
>> Date: Thu Jan 25 15:56:05 2007
>> New Revision: 500064

>> Log:
>> Updates for repackaging in openejb
>
>> +import org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb3.EjbDeployment;
>
> I asked about it while Dave J. was crafting the configs for Java EE
> packages and am asking about it now. Could we settle on javaee as a
> shortcut for Java EE 5 rather than using jee (pronounciation's better,
> though)? And what are the reasons for oejb3? Couldn't ejb3 be used
> instead?
>
> I'm not tied to these name change proposals, so good reasons to leave
> it as they're now will do the trick. Without them I can't understand
> why such mystic names are better than their longer counterparts?

We don't use ejb3 is it's the descriptor objects for openejb3,
specifically the v3 version of the openejb-jar.

If people like openejb-javaee as the module name and package better
than openejb-jee that's cool with me.

-David