Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gianni <gi...@yahoo.it> on 2006/11/21 17:11:21 UTC

How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

Hi to all,
I am a new OFBiz user and I need a little help.

My OFBiz application is only reachable in localhost, not from a remote
computer.
I just want to reach it from a remote host.
What config file have I to change to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards, ciao!

Gianni

Re: How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
You have probably a firewall blocking the incoming calls to 8080 and
8443 ports

Jacopo

Posted by Gianni <gi...@yahoo.it>.
I have found the solution.
The problem was that I access the Internet through a proxy, so i had to set
into the file ofbiz-containers.xml the proxy name and port for http and
https connections.

Bye

Gianni

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net>.
And what's the error message? Timeout? Host not found?
Did you make sure you're using https:// if going directly to 8443?
Did you also make sure that nothing else is listening on the ports and
OFBiz was unable to bind?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Gianni" <gi...@yahoo.it>

Posted by Gianni <gi...@yahoo.it>.