Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michelle Baert <m....@free.fr> on 2005/05/24 22:16:12 UTC

Re[2]: Problems building FOP: fail tests

Hello Jeremias,

Thanks for the fixes and useful suggestions.
Yesterday I could check that the fop.jar works fine alone,
but couldn't understand much more about the failing tests.
Unfortunatly, a power failure caused corruption in my system
and I've spent most of today trying to recover settings
and a working environment. Possibly I'll have to reinstall soon,
good occasion to upgrade and take care to version conflicts.

All the best.

---
Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 9:47:42 PM, you wrote:

JM> A follow-up on that:

JM> I've updated build.xml to exclude the Class-Path entry in the manifest
JM> that seems to make problems. I also updated disabled-testcases.txt to
JM> represent the exact set of test cases that currently don't work.

JM> I did a full build under JDK 1.4.2_08 and 1.5.0_02, both of which work
JM> fine here, although with an additional note:

JM> I always supply my own versions of Xerces and Xalan using the endorsed
JM> API override mechanism [1], i.e. I've put the following three files
JM> under %JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/endorsed/:
JM> - xalan-2.6.0.jar
JM> - xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar
JM> - xml-apis.jar (from the Xerces 2.6.2 distribution)

JM> Since Sun repeatedly managed to get unstable and buggy versions into
JM> their JDKs the first thing I do after installing a new JDK version is to
JM> replace Xerces and Xalan with the latest release. With this you also
JM> shouldn't get any error message like these:

JM> "org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create
JM> or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to
JM> namespaces."

JM> Michelle, you're still using a 1.5.0 beta. I think you should upgrade to
JM> the latest version there. Also consider switching to 1.4.2 instead of
JM> 1.4.1.

JM> I hope that helps.

JM> [1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/standards/

Best regards,