Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sr...@epfl.ch on 2008/07/14 18:13:14 UTC

Problem Accessing Hbase

Hi,

     I have installed Hadoop and HBase on two different linux machines
one being Ubuntu and the other Xentos . I was also able to start
slave(Xentos) from the master(Ubuntu). And the output of "jps" shows
all the processes running on both master and slave. But when I give
any query in the hbase shell whether on the master or on the slave it
displays the following error message
"org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: Table '.META' does
not exist". But when I run only Hbase on the master(though Hadoop
running in both) I was able to access the hbase pretty well.

   So, could you please suggest the wrong I might have done.

Regards,
Srikanth.

Re: Problem Accessing Hbase

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@gmail.com>.
Srikanth,

Which version of HBase? Can we see your master and regionserver logs? (in
the logs folder on each machine)

Thx

J-D