Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by David Wilson <DW...@relevant.com> on 2005/02/02 22:14:40 UTC

Background parallel HTTP request (ASP.NET callback logic)

I was wondering if JSF has something like the ASP.NET 2.0 callback
logic? The callback can be used to do backend validation as the user is
entering in information without having to refresh the page.

This is a link to the article that describes this.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/08/CuttingEdge/

If JSF does not do this, could it? I am unaware of a way to have
Javascript perform a parallel/hidden call to an HTTL or Web services
server.

Thank you,

David

David Wilson

dwilson@relevant.com

Staff Software Engineer

Relevant Business Systems

678-477-0007 ext. 8702

(Fax) 678-477-0010

Please send complaints to /dev/null

Re: Background parallel HTTP request (ASP.NET callback logic)

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.
Its similar, but you need to be able to make an asynchronous HTTP call
back to your server.

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:37:18 -0500, Jesse Vitrone <je...@agentscape.com> wrote:
> Isn't something similar being done here?
>
> http://irian.at/myfaces/jslistener.jsf
>
> Jesse
>

> Heath Borders wrote:
> Yes, JSF could potentially do something like this, but there are a lot
of
> concurrency issues to consider. Particularly, dealing with saving
and
> restoring the state of the app.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:14:40 -0800, David
> Wilson <DW...@relevant.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if JSF has something like the ASP.NET 2.0 callback
> logic?
The callback can be used to do backend validation as the user is
> entering in
information without having to refresh the page.

This is a
> link to the article that describes
> this.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/08/CuttingEdge/

If
> JSF does not do this, could it? I am unaware of a way to have
> Javascript
perform a parallel/hidden call to an HTTL or Web services
> server.

Thank
> you,

David

David
> Wilson

dwilson@relevant.com

Staff Software Engineer

Relevant Business
> Systems

678-477-0007 ext. 8702

(Fax) 678-477-0010

Please send
> complaints to
> /dev/null

-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org

Re: Background parallel HTTP request (ASP.NET callback logic)

Posted by Jesse Vitrone <je...@agentscape.com>.

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.