Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> on 2014/02/28 19:29:17 UTC

0.12 release dependencies

Here is a summary of stuff that is needs to be wrapped up before we have
a release candidate.  I'm posting this for the record.

1. End to end testing of Registry, Orchestrator, GFAC, and Monitoring:
Chathuri and Lahiru are committing here.

2. GFAC Monitoring Info deposited to Registry: Raminder is working on
this.  This involves GFAC changes but can go in parallel with #1.  There
is some implementation work to be done and then integration testing.

3. Need to test the Monitoring API implementation. Chathuri will do
this. This is dependent on #3.

4. Packaging: need to figure this out for git.  Suresh is looking into this.

Marlon

Re: 0.12 release dependencies

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lahiru,

Thanks for your suggestions, Ok sure i am happy to be the first user :) , I
started to build the trunk and i got a test failure in
airavata-orchestrator-service module are you still working on this
component?. Meanwhile I will go through the doc and validate the content
and steps.

Thanks,
Shameera.

--
Best Regards,
Shameera Rathnayaka.

Re: 0.12 release dependencies

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shameera,

One important thing is once we provide the samples and howto's (if we are
planning to do so), you can review them and test our sample code.

In this release we are not providing any UI to use so everything has to be
done programatically. Programming against the airavata-api is the most
important thing and we want to make sure users can understand our
programming model in an easy learning curve. You can be our first user.

Lahiru

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Suresh/Marlon,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions, i will work on integration test and
> documentation parts for now.
>
> As Suresh suggest i will check the possibility of using thrift native JS
> support which i think the best way to support JS client API. If we use the
> JS-API layer which wrap the thrift java client ,then we need to maintain
> JS-API against java api changes which may be out of sync with time.  And
> one major advantage we are getting choosing thrift base api is, we can
> generate client APIs for different languages with less efforts, lets try to
> get maximum of it.
>
> Thanks ,
> Shameera.
>

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Shameera,
>>
>> Your help will be greatly in need. As Amila and Marlon pointed out,
>> integration tests will be great. But even better might be to start
>> integrating with the JS-API. So far, we have been focusing on Java and PHP
>> clients for thrift which will use the socket communications. We stayed out
>> form JS support with this release since it requires a HTTP processor (which
>> Thrift bundles) but we did not invest time into exploring it. So if you can
>> weigh in on if thrift native JS support or having your JS-API layer (which
>> uses the thrift java client) will be better.
>>
>> Suresh
>>

>> On Feb 28, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > Definitely detailed testing of the release candidates will be useful as
>> > 0.12 will be significantly different from 0.11.  Fixing and improving
>> > the integration tests (and, as a precursor, demanding better
>> > documentation so that you know what to do) is also very important.
>> >
>> > Other suggestions for Shameera?
>> >
>> > Marlon

>> As
>> like to