Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Gi Lee <gi...@ziaconsulting.com> on 2015/04/01 01:40:47 UTC

Re: A new CMIS .Net library - PortCMIS

Hi Florian,

Zia and a technology partner of ours would be very interested in PortCMIS.

Thanks!

--
Gi Lee
Principal Solutions Engineer

From: Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>
Reply: dev@chemistry.apache.org <de...@chemistry.apache.org>>
Date: March 31, 2015 at 4:33:43 AM
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org <de...@chemistry.apache.org>>
Subject:  A new CMIS .Net library - PortCMIS

Hi everyone,

We needed a CMIS 1.1 library for .Net that works on Windows Phones. So,
we built one and called it PortCMIS.

PortCMIS is a portable class library [1]. It should run on desktops and
servers with .Net 4.5 and Windows Phone 8.1. It can also be used in
Windows Store applications. It doesn't require any additional
dependencies.

PortCMIS is supposed to cover all features of the CMIS 1.0 and the CMIS
1.1 specifications. The API is very, very similar to DotCMIS, but the
low level implementation is different.

At the moment, the Browser binding implementation is complete and
working.
Some essential parts of the AtomPub binding are also implemented but
it's not functional, yet. The AtomPub implementation differs from
DotCMIS and is closer to OpenCMIS, which should result in a better
performance.
I've no intention to implement the Web Services binding. But it is
possible to plug in Web Services code if somebody writes it.

If there is enough interest we would contribute PortCMIS to Apache
Chemistry.
Please let us know.

Thanks,

Florian

[1]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/gg597391%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

Re: A new CMIS .Net library - PortCMIS

Posted by Nicolas Raoul <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florian,

The CmisSync team has always been an avid user of DotCMIS, and a CMIS
1.1-compliant similar library would be wonderful!

Can't wait to start using it, thanks always!
Nicolas Raoul
Aegif

Posted by Roeland Hofkens <Ro...@westernacher.com>.
Hi Florian,

Posted by Till Lorentzen <ti...@graudata.com>.
Hi Florian,

Posted by Chris Owens <ch...@technologyonecorp.com>.
Hey Florian,

We'd definitely be interested!

Cheers,
Chris

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Gi Lee <gi...@ziaconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hi Florian,
>
> Zia and a technology partner of ours would be very interested in PortCMIS.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Gi Lee
> Principal Solutions Engineer
> Zia Consulting
>

> From: Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>
> Reply: dev@chemistry.apache.org <de...@chemistry.apache.org>>
> Date: March 31, 2015 at 4:33:43 AM
> To: dev@chemistry.apache.org <de...@chemistry.apache.org>>
> Subject:  A new CMIS .Net library - PortCMIS
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> We needed a CMIS 1.1 library for .Net that works on Windows Phones. So,
> we built one and called it PortCMIS.
>
> PortCMIS is a portable class library [1]. It should run on desktops and
> servers with .Net 4.5 and Windows Phone 8.1. It can also be used in
> Windows Store applications. It doesn't require any additional
> dependencies.
>
> PortCMIS is supposed to cover all features of the CMIS 1.0 and the CMIS
> 1.1 specifications. The API is very, very similar to DotCMIS, but the
> low level implementation is different.
>
> At the moment, the Browser binding implementation is complete and
> working.
> Some essential parts of the AtomPub binding are also implemented but
> it's not functional, yet. The AtomPub implementation differs from
> DotCMIS and is closer to OpenCMIS, which should result in a better
> performance.
> I've no intention to implement the Web Services binding. But it is
> possible to plug in Web Services code if somebody writes it.
>

> If there is enough interest we would contribute PortCMIS to Apache
> Chemistry.
> Please let us know.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Florian
>

> [1]
>
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/gg597391%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

--
Chris Owens
Developer

[image: Inline image 1] <http://www.technologyonecorp.com/>
Financials | Human Resource & Payroll | Supply Chain | Corporate
Performance Management | Property & Rating | Student Management | Asset
Management | Enterprise Content Management | Customer Relationship
Management | Mobile Solutions | PLUS - Custom software development |
Consulting services

Phone:+61 7 3167 7300 | Fax: +61 7 3167 7301Address:Level 11, TechnologyOne
HQ, 540 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 (PO Box 96 Fortitude
Valley QLD 4006)Email:Chris_Owens@TechnologyOneCorp.com Web:
TechnologyOneCorp.com
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.technologyonecorp.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdVjogABm6mIWxeOoscchH5P17arA>
*TechnologyOne (ASX: TNE) is a leading enterprise software solutions
provider. For 25 years we have been providing deeply integrated software
solutions for business, government, financial services, health and
community, education and utilities sectors. Tens of thousands of people
each day use our solutions, which we develop, implement and support. Our
enterprise wide solution suite is based on leading edge technology and is
backed up by a substantial R&D program. Our consulting teams provide world
class services and this provides our customers with a long term, secure and
valuable partnership. TechnologyOne employs more than 800 people and has
offices in each state and territory of Australia, as well as New Zealand,
Asia, the South Pacific and the United Kingdom. For further information
please visit TechnologyOneCorp.com
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.technologyonecorp.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdVjogABm6mIWxeOoscchH5P17arA>*

TechnologyOne accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or
its attachments. The information in this email is only for the intended
recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you
received this in error, please kindly notify the sender and delete this
email and any attachments from your system.  Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of the company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
by it.  If you believe that you have been spammed please email
Stop_Spam@TechnologyOneCorp.com <st...@technologyonecorp.com>.