Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/16 08:35:35 UTC

[VOTE][SPIP] Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications

Hi all,

I’d like to start a vote for SPIP: "Better Spark UI scalability and Driver
stability for large applications"

The goal of the SPIP is to improve the Driver's stability by supporting
storing Spark's UI data on RocksDB. Furthermore, to fasten the read and
write operations on RocksDB, it introduces a new Protobuf serializer.

Please also refer to the following:

   - Previous discussion in the dev mailing list: [DISCUSS] SPIP: Better
   Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications
   <https://lists.apache.org/thread/f30owdts644hk2oojyf9jr308mrx2m9l>
   - Design Doc: Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large
   applications
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cuKnFwlTodyVhUQPMuakq2YDaLH05jaY9FRu_aD1zMo/edit?usp=sharing>
   - JIRA: SPARK-41053 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-41053>

Please vote on the SPIP for the next 72 hours:

[ ] +1: Accept the proposal as an official SPIP
[ ] +0
[ ] -1: I don’t think this is a good idea because …

Kind Regards,
Gengliang

Re: [VOTE][SPIP] Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications

Posted by Peter Toth <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1, thanks for the proposal!

416161436@qq.com <ru...@foxmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. nov. 17.,
Cs, 6:22):

Posted by "416161436@qq.com" <ru...@foxmail.com>.
+1&nbsp;

Ruifeng&nbsp;Zheng
ruifengz@foxmail.com

&nbsp;

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From:                                                                                                                        "Wenchen Fan"                                                                                    <cloud0fan@gmail.com&gt;;
Date:&nbsp;Thu, Nov 17, 2022 10:27 AM
To:&nbsp;"Ye Zhou"<zhouyejoe@gmail.com&gt;;
Cc:&nbsp;"Jungtaek Lim"<kabhwan.opensource@gmail.com&gt;;"Chris Nauroth"<cnauroth@apache.org&gt;;"Maciej"<mszymkiewicz@gmail.com&gt;;"dev"<dev@spark.apache.org&gt;;
Subject:&nbsp;Re: [VOTE][SPIP] Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications

+1, I'm looking forward to it!

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 9:44 AM Ye Zhou <zhouyejoe@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

+1 (non-binding)Thanks for proposing this improvement to SHS, it resolves the main performance&nbsp;issue within SHS.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 4:27 AM Maciej <mszymkiewicz@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

+1

 On 11/16/22 13:19, Yuming Wang wrote:
 &gt; +1, non-binding
 &gt;
 &gt; On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 8:12 PM Yang,Jie(INF) <yangjie01@baidu.com
 &gt; <mailto:yangjie01@baidu.com&gt;&gt; wrote:
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;+1, non-binding____
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;__ __
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Yang Jie____
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;__ __
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;*发件人**: *Mridul Muralidharan <mridul@gmail.com
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<mailto:mridul@gmail.com&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;*日期**: *2022年11月16日星期三17:35
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;*收件人**: *Kent Yao <yao@apache.org <mailto:yao@apache.org&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;*抄送**: *Gengliang Wang <ltnwgl@gmail.com
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<mailto:ltnwgl@gmail.com&gt;&gt;, dev <dev@spark.apache.org
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<mailto:dev@spark.apache.org&gt;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;*主题**: *Re: [VOTE][SPIP] Better Spark UI scalability and Driver
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;stability for large applications____
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;__ __
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;__ __
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;+1____
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;__ __
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Would be great to see history server performance improvements and
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;lower resource utilization at driver !____
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;__ __
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Regards,____
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Mridul ____
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;__ __
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 2:38 AM Kent Yao <yao@apache.org
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<mailto:yao@apache.org&gt;&gt; wrote:____
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;+1, non-binding
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Gengliang Wang <ltnwgl@gmail.com <mailto:ltnwgl@gmail.com&gt;&gt; 于
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;2022年11月16日周三16:36写道:
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; Hi all,
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; I’d like to start a vote for SPIP: "Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications"
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; The goal of the SPIP is to improve the Driver's stability by supporting storing Spark's UI data on RocksDB. Furthermore, to fasten the read and write operations on RocksDB, it introduces a new Protobuf serializer.
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; Please also refer to the following:
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; Previous discussion in the dev mailing list: [DISCUSS] SPIP: Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; Design Doc: Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; JIRA: SPARK-41053
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; Please vote on the SPIP for the next 72 hours:
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; [ ] +1: Accept the proposal as an official SPIP
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; [ ] +0
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; [ ] -1: I don’t think this is a good idea because …
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; Kind Regards,
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&gt; Gengliang
 &gt;
 &gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;---------------------------------------------------------------------
 &gt;

 --
 Best regards,
 Maciej Szymkiewicz

 Web: https://zero323.net
 PGP: A30CEF0C31A501EC

--

Zhou, Ye&nbsp; 周晔

Re: [VOTE][SPIP] Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1, I'm looking forward to it!

Posted by Ye Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--

*Zhou, Ye  **周晔*

Re: [VOTE][SPIP] Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Maciej <ms...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 11/16/22 13:19, Yuming Wang wrote:
> +1, non-binding
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 8:12 PM Yang,Jie(INF) <yangjie01@baidu.com
> <ma...@baidu.com>> wrote:
>
>     +1, non-binding____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Yang Jie____
>
>     __ __
>
>     *发件人**: *Mridul Muralidharan <mridul@gmail.com
>     <ma...@gmail.com>>
>     *日期**: *2022年11月16日星期三17:35
>     *收件人**: *Kent Yao <yao@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>>
>     *抄送**: *Gengliang Wang <ltnwgl@gmail.com
>     <ma...@gmail.com>>, dev <dev@spark.apache.org
>     <ma...@spark.apache.org>>
>     *主题**: *Re: [VOTE][SPIP] Better Spark UI scalability and Driver
>     stability for large applications____
>
>     __ __
>
>     __ __
>
>     +1____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Would be great to see history server performance improvements and
>     lower resource utilization at driver !____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Regards,____
>
>     Mridul ____
>
>     __ __
>
>     On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 2:38 AM Kent Yao <yao@apache.org
>     <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:____
>
>         +1, non-binding
>
>         Gengliang Wang <ltnwgl@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> 于
>         2022年11月16日周三16:36写道:
>         >
>         > Hi all,
>         >
>         > I’d like to start a vote for SPIP: "Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications"
>         >
>         > The goal of the SPIP is to improve the Driver's stability by supporting storing Spark's UI data on RocksDB. Furthermore, to fasten the read and write operations on RocksDB, it introduces a new Protobuf serializer.
>         >
>         > Please also refer to the following:
>         >
>         > Previous discussion in the dev mailing list: [DISCUSS] SPIP: Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications
>         > Design Doc: Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications
>         > JIRA: SPARK-41053
>         >
>         >
>         > Please vote on the SPIP for the next 72 hours:
>         >
>         > [ ] +1: Accept the proposal as an official SPIP
>         > [ ] +0
>         > [ ] -1: I don’t think this is a good idea because …
>         >
>         > Kind Regards,
>         > Gengliang

Best regards,
Maciej Szymkiewicz

Web: https://zero323.net
PGP: A30CEF0C31A501EC

Re: [VOTE][SPIP] Better Spark UI scalability and Driver stability for large applications

Posted by Yuming Wang <wg...@gmail.com>.
+1, non-binding

Posted by "Yang,Jie(INF)" <ya...@baidu.com>.
+1, non-binding