Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by j-...@chronopost.fr on 2002/10/10 15:28:00 UTC

Réf. : Re: Missing the FO Tree with FOP 0.20.1 under BEA Weblogic 6.1

Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> j-kong@chronopost.fr wrote:
>
>> I have the impression that FO Tree  is not created. I do not
>> understand at all.
>>   Why such suprise with the same/identical  servlet/XML/XSL-FO and FOP?
>
> New servlet container probably brings you new implementations of
> different xml apis, like sax, dom, parser, xslt processor etc.
> We cannot take a guess what goes wrong without fop debug information, so
> turn debug on and we'll see what's your problem.
Indeed, there are conflis between the version of Xalan/Xerces used by FOP 0.20.1
 that used by Weblogic 6.1.

J.Pietschmann wrote
> but the message about building the FO tree is missing, which
> means there is not even a startDocument() fired.
Ok

> I suspect the XML specifies a DTD which is not found, probably
> because it wasn't moved to the new machine...

My fichieer does not specify a DTD particular.
Moreover, FOP does not need this DTD to transform a XML into PDF?

Jianxin KONG   ( j-kong@chronopost.fr )
CHRONOPOST INTERNATIONAL
Dir. systèmes d'information

Re: Réf. : Re: Missing the FO Tree with FOP 0.20.1 under BEA Weblogic 6.1

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
j-kong@chronopost.fr wrote:
>>I suspect the XML specifies a DTD which is not found, probably
>>because it wasn't moved to the new machine...
>
> My fichieer does not specify a DTD particular.
> Moreover, FOP does not need this DTD to transform a XML into PDF?

FOP does not require you to specify a DTD, in fact, it does not care.
The XML parser might care, if you use entities.

It seems you have other problems with your environment. Try the
ssuggestion with placing recent versions of Xerces and Xalan at
the beginning of the classpath.

J.Pietschmann