Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by VenkateshKumar Alwarappan <ve...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 18:04:47 UTC

Not able to setup JMeter as monitor

Hello,
I have configured JMeter as Monitor and trying to check the
Apache(webserver) health.
Though appln server is running, JMeter is displaying the Server Health
Status as "Dead" in the JMeter Monitor Results screen.

In the Server Health tab (JMeter), it is displaying the server is dead (
http://<hostname>:-1).

My application is hosted in a separate environment(within LAN) and running
on port# 80. My
company proxy server is running on port#: 8080. Whether it will cause any
problem? But i'm able to access the application manually through proxy or
bypass proxy. Basically how to setup JMeter if my application(which needs to
be load tested) is running in a Proxy environment.

I'm facing the same problem while i'm trying to record the application
through proxy step by step. Nothing get recorded.

I'm using the following environment:

Test Env: IE 6.0, JMeter 2.2
Appln Env: Apache Tomcat 5.0

Pls let me know you if you have any idea about the above question.

Regards, Venkat