Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Enrico Weigelt <we...@metux.de> on 2004/12/13 08:42:31 UTC

Re: PATCH: call aclocal for PCRE in buildconf

* Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net> wrote:

<snip>
> Actually aclocal belongs to automake.
> But then, it would be a weird system where autoconf/automake/libtool are
> not installed as a group, so I guess that's still ok.

I personally prefer just install exactly these packages which
are really needed and are declared as depencencies of those
packages I want to use ...

For example, today was the first time in my life when I ever
installed libtool, since someone said installing it and rerunning
buildconf could fix broken configure, which of course was not
the case ...

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481

Re: PATCH: call aclocal for PCRE in buildconf

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Actually aclocal belongs to automake.
>>But then, it would be a weird system where autoconf/automake/libtool are
>>not installed as a group, so I guess that's still ok.
>

> I personally prefer just install exactly these packages which
> are really needed and are declared as depencencies of those
> packages I want to use ...
>
> For example, today was the first time in my life when I ever
> installed libtool, since someone said installing it and rerunning
> buildconf could fix broken configure, which of course was not
> the case ...

fwiw, you do not need to install libtool to use apache/apr/apr-util.

Just compile APR --with-experimental-libtool, and then you will use
jlibtool, a single C file written by Justin, instead of libtool itself.

-Paul