Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by NL...@iteco.com on 2003/01/07 14:08:03 UTC

MS SQL Database Error

Hello,

I get the following error each time I use MS SQL as my database server:
Horrible Exception: java.lang.Error: Error in
BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): There was no DataSourceFactory
configured for the connection default

My Torque.properties is essentially as follow:

torque.database.default=default
torque.database.default.adapter=mssql

### Microsoft SQL
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = net.avenir.jdbc3.Driver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
jdbc:AvenirDriver://adsebiz:1433/jetspeed
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user =  jetspeed
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = jetspeed

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
# The number of database connections to cache per ConnectionPool instance
(specified per database)
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10

Any response would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Najeem Lawal

Re: MS SQL Database Error

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 05:08  AM, NLawal@iteco.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I get the following error each time I use MS SQL as my database server:
> Horrible Exception: java.lang.Error: Error in
> BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): There was no DataSourceFactory
> configured for the connection default
>
> My Torque.properties is essentially as follow:
>
> torque.database.default=default
> torque.database.default.adapter=mssql
>
> ### Microsoft SQL
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = net.avenir.jdbc3.Driver
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
> jdbc:AvenirDriver://adsebiz:1433/jetspeed
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user =  jetspeed
> torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = jetspeed
>
> torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueData
> SourceFactory
> # The number of database connections to cache per ConnectionPool
> instance
> (specified per database)
> torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
> torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
> torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
>
> Any response would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

The settings look fine.
I tested with the Avenir driver a while back and it worked fine for me.
Unfortunately my 30 day trial is expired now.
Are you sure that that your property files were correctly deployed to
the server?
If you have the source, try running the unit tests:

ant unittest-security-user

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software