Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/30 18:02:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.1

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.33.1 release, please
test it and vote accordingly.

The files can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.33.1-rc1/

The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1176

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12345452

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1176</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for proton-j would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
    <version>0.33.1</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.1

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

My testing was:

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
* Built from source / ran tests on Mac OS X 10.13.6 on Open JDK 11 and
Oracle JDK 1.8
* Ran Qpid Broker-J  (master - 71a37b) client integration tests using
the staged Proton-J artefacts.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 30 May 2019 at 19:02, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.33.1 release, please
> test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.33.1-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1176
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12345452
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
> you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1176</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for proton-j would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
>     <version>0.33.1</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Ran "mvn apache-rat:check" to check the source archive licence headers.
- Ran the build+tests on JDK8 & JDK11.
- Ran Qpid JMS master build+tests on JDK8 & JDK11 using staged proton-j.
- Ran Qpid Broker-J 7.1.x build+systests with above client (using JDK8).
- Ran ActiveMQ 5 & Artemis master builds and AMQP tests using it (with JDK8).
- Ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld against above Broker-J 7.1.x build.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.1

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

My testing included the following
* built and ran tests successfully from source bundle
* verified checksums and signatures
* ran successfully Qpid Broker-J integration tests on master branch using
JMS client and staged Proton-j artefacts