Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Mato Mira, Fernando" <Fe...@dialog.com> on 2003/05/23 09:50:02 UTC

XSP classpath

Hello,

  I am trying to import a package in an XSP page. I've put the jar file
in the Tomcat shared/lib directory, but it's not being seen. What's the XSP
classpath?
How does one extend it?

Thanks

--
Fernando D. Mato Mira       matomira@acm.org
Thomson Dialog

E-MAIL NOTICE:
This message (plus any attachments) is confidential and may be subject
to lawyer-client privilege.  Use without permission is strictly
prohibited.

Re: XSP classpath

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
I think you have to put it in the WEB-INF/lib folder of your webapp.

--
Olivier

Re: mysql driver

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <Yu...@mobicomk.ru>.
Try move the  jdbcdriver.jar into the $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
or into the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib

--

Best regards,
Yury Mikhienko.

RE: mysql driver

Posted by Frank Daly <fd...@cit.ie>.
It's now working, thanks very for your help

Frank

<dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/..?autoReconnect=true</dburl>
> >       <user>..</user>
> >       <password>..</password>
> >     </jdbc>
> >

> > Web.xml contains the line com.mysql.jdbc.Driver within the
<init-param>
> > parameter
> >
> > Is there anything else I need to record?
> >

> No. I think the above is ok.
> But where is your  jar file with mysql driver placed?
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
> Yury Mikhienko.
> IT engineer, ZAO "Mobicom-Kavkaz"

-------------------Legal
Disclaimer---------------------------------------

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by
legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in
error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any
unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly
prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any
information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the
information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete
record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in
its receipt.

----------------

Re: mysql driver

Posted by Roger I Martin PhD <hy...@hypernexinc.com>.
I didn't follow all of this thread...
You have
database-driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
in database.properties which propagates to the
<!--
This parameter is used to list classes that should be loaded
at initialization time of the servlet.
Usually this classes are JDBC Drivers used
-->
<init-param>
<param-name>load-class</param-name>
<param-value>
<!-- For IBM WebSphere:
com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler -->
<!-- For Database Driver: -->
<!-- was @database-driver@-->
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
<!-- For parent ComponentManager sample:
org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm.Configurator
-->
<!-- for graphics -->
com.neuralworks.graphics.JournalGraphBean
</param-value>
</init-param>
in the webapp\WEB-INF\web.xml?

Re: mysql driver

Posted by Roger I Martin PhD <hy...@hypernexinc.com>.
What do you see? In the WEB-INF\logs\*.log ?

RE: mysql driver

Posted by Frank Daly <fd...@cit.ie>.

Re: mysql driver

Posted by Roger I Martin PhD <hy...@hypernexinc.com>.
Hi,

Usually in the webapp\WEB-INF\lib folder along with all the other jars.
When setting up a webapp outside of the Cocoon demo webapp(plus samples) and
war, all of the necessary Cocoon jars can also be placed in the
webapp\WEB-INF\lib folder as well.  Then a simple Ant build script can be
employed for "building" your webapp and maintained.  Sometimes I work for a
while in the deployed folders under tomcat\webapps so that I don't have to

RE: mysql driver

Posted by Frank Daly <fd...@cit.ie>.
Thanks again for the reply Yury

I have put the mysql jdbc driver, named jdbcdriver.jar, in the mysql
folder.  The classpath has an entry c:\mysql\jdbcdriver.jar

Frank

Re: mysql driver

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <Yu...@mobicomk.ru>.

RE: mysql driver

Re: mysql driver

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <Yu...@mobicomk.ru>.
On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:02:19 +0100
"Frank Daly" <fd...@cit.ie> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been using cocoon 2, on tomcat 4.1, successfully on my machine
> and produce reports by querying a mysql database using xsp and the mysql
> connector J driver.  I am now trying to set the application up on an NT
> machine.  I can run a simple application which queries the database,
> using the driver, perfectly well but when I try the xsp application I
> get the message at the bottom of the mail.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> message Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate()
>
> description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
> ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not
> get the datasource java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>
> sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Try check your cocoon.xconf and web.xml

mysql driver

Re: XSP classpath

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <Yu...@mobicomk.ru>.
On Fri, 23 May 2003 09:50:02 +0200
"Mato Mira, Fernando" <Fe...@dialog.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I am trying to import a package in an XSP page. I've put the jar file
> in the Tomcat shared/lib directory, but it's not being seen. What's the XSP
> classpath?
> How does one extend it?
>
> Thanks

For import classes into your XSP code try like:
<xsp:page
          language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"

<xsp:structure>
 <xsp:include>my.classes.MyObject</xsp:include>
</xsp:structure>
</xsp:page>

Re: XSP classpath

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at>.
Mato Mira, Fernando wrote:

>Hello,
>
>  I am trying to import a package in an XSP page. I've put the jar file
>in the Tomcat shared/lib directory, but it's not being seen. What's the XSP
>classpath?
>How does one extend it?

put it into the /cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory

did you restart tomcat? did you import correctly?

alex