Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by tnowicki <no...@setcorp.com> on 2011/03/31 18:30:09 UTC

Intermittent Exception C++ Windows - cancel subscription

I downloaded and installed the Windows C++ broker (0.8) binary installer. I
built the PUB/SUB example (MS VisualStudio 2005) and most of the time it
runs successfully. Occasionally, I get an exception deep in the OS.

Unhandled exception at 0x7c936822 in SUB_example.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x00000000

It's in the function __lock_fhandle in osfinfo.c.

The application code is trying to cancel the subscription in the
topic_listener.cpp example code:
			subscriptions.cancel(message.getDestination());

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I am also seeing a lot of "LinkRegistry timer woken up late" messages.
Running broker with --auth no --no-data-dir. (Running WinXP in a virtualbox
VM).

Thanks,
-Tony

Posted by tnowicki <no...@setcorp.com>.
Steve:
Thanks for the quick response. I think my problem may be related to using
(an old) VS 2005 and the pre-built qpid binaries although the intermittent
exception is interesting. It may also be related to a problem with threaded
code and the (VS 2005/vc80) MS STL string class, I had seen something about
that in some msdn threads....so anyway, before crying wolf, I am building
from source and a clean boost install and will try again. If the problem
persists, then I will update. Thanks,
-Tony

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Tony,

> I downloaded and installed the Windows C++ broker (0.8)
> binary installer. I built the PUB/SUB example (MS
> VisualStudio 2005) and most of the time it runs successfully.
> Occasionally, I get an exception deep in the OS.
>
> Unhandled exception at 0x7c936822 in SUB_example.exe:
> 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000
>
> It's in the function __lock_fhandle in osfinfo.c.

Can you post the stack trace from the crash, ideally in a JIRA entry for
this problem (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/qpid) ?

> The application code is trying to cancel the subscription in
> the topic_listener.cpp example code:
> 			subscriptions.cancel(message.getDestination());
>
> Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.
>
> BTW, I am also seeing a lot of "LinkRegistry timer woken up
> late" messages. Running broker with --auth no --no-data-dir.
> (Running WinXP in a virtualbox VM).

You can ignore those.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org