Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/16 21:18:42 UTC

suggestions on automated testing for solr output

hello all,

i know this is never a fun topic for people, but our SDLC mandates that we
have unit test cases that attempt to validate the output from specific solr
queries.

i have some ideas on how to do this, but would really appreciate feedback
from anyone that has done this or is doing it now.

the ideal situation (for this environment) would be something script based
and automated.

thanks for any input,
mark

Re: suggestions on automated testing for solr output

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 17/03/2012, geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i know this is never a fun topic for people, but our SDLC mandates that we
> have unit test cases that attempt to validate the output from specific solr
> queries.
>
> i have some ideas on how to do this, but would really appreciate feedback
> from anyone that has done this or is doing it now.
[...]

Query responses are XML (you can also get JSON), so
parsing these for validity should be straightforward. If
your test case has to include particular results, that
will be specific to your index, and search terms.

Regards,
Gora