Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2019/02/01 08:09:53 UTC

Re: [SCXML] Using SCXML + Daffodil in order to fully specify (industrial) protocols?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:21 AM Christofer Dutz
<ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So I just finished a first operational scxml based state machine, that connects to a remote host and exchanges messages described by dfdl by serializing xml templates which I define inside my CustomAction elements of my scxml document.
>
> And the coolest thing is, that the remote Siemens PLC answered correctly :-)
>
> Still needs a lot of work. Especially we would need at least working snapshots of commons-scxml (the ones on repo.apachr.org are hugely out of sync) ... You need help with that? Had to tweak some minor things to build locally, but should be easy to fix.

If it helps, we (Ate and I) have deployed M1 tag to our maven repo and
used it for years already in our products:
- http://maven.onehippo.com/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-scxml2/2.0-M1/

If we can deploy it or a snapshot to an ASF repo, it will help the
community. Should we decide to cut a release or just deploy to a
snapshot repo?

> Would be cool, if someone could review what I'm doing (haven't committed it yet as it would break the build due to outdated snapshots) ... Don't wanna walk into the wrong direction and if we work together, I bet this could be for the benefit of Plc4x and commons-scxml :-)

Cool. Give us a link.
From my experiences, it seems better not to depend on too many
expressions or scripts. Keeping it to the most normal standard
elements, with some custom actions to be used still in a declarative
way, seems simpler and more maintainable to me.

Regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 9:59 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 14:12, Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 5:02 AM Christofer Dutz
> > <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would opt for setting up Jenkins to auto deploy snapshots to the Apache repo. Done that for quite a lot of projects, so happy to help out.
> >
> > Please help and direct us! :-)
> > I once tried it but got in stuck before:
> > - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-236
>
> Just completed.

Thank you so much!
Now javadocs were fixed and it was deployed onto snapshot repo:
- https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-scxml2/2.0-SNAPSHOT/

Cheers,

Woonsan

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.

<ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So I just finished a first operational scxml based state machine, that connects to a remote host and exchanges messages described by dfdl by serializing xml templates which I define inside my CustomAction elements of my scxml document.
>
> And the coolest thing is, that the remote Siemens PLC answered correctly :-)
>
> Still needs a lot of work. Especially we would need at least working snapshots of commons-scxml (the ones on repo.apachr.org are hugely out of sync) ... You need help with that? Had to tweak some minor things to build locally, but should be easy to fix.

If it helps, we (Ate and I) have deployed M1 tag to our maven repo and
used it for years already in our products:
- http://maven.onehippo.com/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-scxml2/2.0-M1/

If we can deploy it or a snapshot to an ASF repo, it will help the
community. Should we decide to cut a release or just deploy to a
snapshot repo?

> Would be cool, if someone could review what I'm doing (haven't committed it yet as it would break the build due to outdated snapshots) ... Don't wanna walk into the wrong direction and if we work together, I bet this could be for the benefit of Plc4x and commons-scxml :-)

Cool. Give us a link.
From my experiences, it seems better not to depend on too many