Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@dscpl.com.au> on 2006/02/17 11:15:35 UTC

mod_python 3.2.8, simplified GIL patch etc

I have finally got myself sorted out to start committing changes into
the
repository. The list as it stands for mod_python 3.2.8 bug rollup
release is:

MODPYTHON-77

  The Simplified GIL Aquisition patches.

MODPYTHON-78

  Apache 2.2 patches.

MODPYTHON-94

  Support for optional mod_ssl functions on request object.

MODPYTHON-119

  DBM Session test patches.

MODPYTHON-122

  Bash 3.1.X configure patches.

MODPYTHON-131

   Make mutex directory configurable.

MODPYTHON-135

   FileSession security patch.

I have dropped MODPYTHON-113 (PythonImport) for now and have added
MODPYTHON-131 and MODPYTHON-135 which have come up since the
list was made and are also probably reasonable additions at this stage.
If we can get through these quick, then maybe we can look at some of the
others I have added to JIRA in the last day.

Right now I have patch for MODPYTHON-77 (Simplified GIL) ready to commit
and after that I'll move onto MODPYTHON-94 (mod_ssl functions).

Any objections to me starting to commit these changes. Just want to make
sure given the GIL patch is significant even if changes not huge.

BTW, my test for the GIL problem requires some C code to be compiled, so
not sure how one could integrate it into the tests. Any ideas?

Also, I still get failure of test suite for Apache 2.2 on Mac OS X
(10.4). Fails
in test_global_lock. I have managed to overwrite the log messages when I
went back to Apache 2.0.55 so don't have it handy, but the error was
from
deep inside of Apache and looks perhaps like an Apache problem and not
mod_python itself. I want to try and get some of the above out out
the way
before I go back and look at that problem.

Graham