Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by crashmeister <na...@3dpilots.com> on 2009/01/16 17:12:42 UTC

Blocking an extended configuration

I have 'compile' and 'runtime' confs. Runtime extends Compile.

Under certain circumstances, I want to use an artifact for compilation, but
NOT for runtime.

Is there any way to block the 'runtime' conf for a dependency ?

I tried this but it did not work:

  <dependencies>
    <dependency
        org="oracle"
        name="oraclexsql"
        rev="${oracle.oraclexsql.version}"
        conf="compile->*"
        transitive="true"/>

    <exclude org="oracle" conf="runtime"/>

  </dependencies>

Re: Blocking an extended configuration

Posted by Archie Cobbs <ar...@gmail.com>.
The <exclude> tag should work too (not sure why it's not)... it's just a
little bit more "hacky".

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs

Re: Blocking an extended configuration

Posted by crashmeister <na...@3dpilots.com>.

Posted by Archie Cobbs <ar...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps this issue is evidence that the "runtime" configuration should not
be extending the "compile" configuration... you may want to refine your
configurations.

-Archie

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM, crashmeister <na...@3dpilots.com>wrote:

> I have 'compile' and 'runtime' confs. Runtime extends Compile.
>
> Under certain circumstances, I want to use an artifact for compilation, but
> NOT for runtime.
>
> Is there any way to block the 'runtime' conf for a dependency ?
>
> I tried this but it did not work:
>
>  <dependencies>
>    <dependency
>        org="oracle"