Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ganeshh HariHaran <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/04 13:08:27 UTC

Re: Versioned WAR Application

I do not want to build one, I am looking which already available

------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Ganesh Hariharan

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."
— Charles Darwin

On Friday, January 31, 2014 4:30 PM, André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> wrote:

Ganeshh HariHaran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a place where we get a Java application real time with some dummy data, essentially that application should connect to various J2EE conponents like JDBC, JMS, SOAP etc
>
> I am not looking at the sample app comes with tomcat.

You mean like this ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=java+servlets+real+time+applications

Re: Versioned WAR Application

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Ganeshh,

On 2/12/14, 11:20 PM, Ganeshh HariHaran wrote:
> Please let me know where they are available, I am essentially
> looking for an Application both EJB and Servlets based (EAR)
> package, which I can accordingly make it to configure JMS, JDBC,
> etc and deploy the application to showcase the middleware
> components in tomcat and jboss etc...

You could start with JIRA, though it's not deployed as an EAR and
probably doesn't use too many non-servlet/jsp/el J2EE components.

You could try googling for something like "example application with
everything J2EE has to offer" or whatever.

We aren't going to do your homework for you.

- -chris

Posted by Neven Cvetkovic <ne...@gmail.com>.
Ganeshh,

Are you familiar with any development tools (Eclipse, Netbeans, etc...)?

The reason I ask, is that would be easy to develop these applications (with
help) and build them yourself. Yes, someone could give you these WARs and
EARs - but do you trust them?

There are other alternatives, that you could use to build your apps:
- http://ant.apache.org/
- http://www.gradle.org/
- or just use JDK (javac)

Here's another idea for you:
The easiest way to build simple test apps (in your case at least) is to
write tests with JSP pages, as they compiled automatically once deployed in
the application, and there is no need for external tools...

For example, to test if the JDBC driver is loaded, here's a sample app you
can try:

1. Here's directory structure and files:

JdbcTest/
JdbcTest/index.jsp
JdbcTest/drivertest.jsp
JdbcTest/WEB-INF/
JdbcTest/WEB-INF/lib
JdbcTest/WEB-INF/lib/hsqldb.jar  (the driver for HSLQDB database)

2. Here is index.jsp file:

<h1>JdbcTest :: index.jsp</h1>

<form action="drivertest.jsp" action="post">
Driver class:<br/>
<input type="text" name="drivername" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" /><br/>
<input type="submit" value="Load Jdbc Driver" />
</form>

3. Here's drivertest.jsp:

<h1>JdbcTest : drivertest.jsp</h1>

<pre>
<%
  String drivername = request.getParameter("drivername");
%>

<%
  try {
    Class.forName(drivername);
    out.println("Class successfully loaded: " + drivername);
  } catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
    cnfe.printStackTrace();
    out.println("Class not loaded: " + cnfe);
  }
%>
</pre>

4. Get hsqldb.jar from:
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.hsqldb/hsqldb/2.0.0
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/files/latest/download?source=files

What specific things do you want to test?

Posted by Ganeshh HariHaran <ga...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.