Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/10 17:49:29 UTC

JDK version mismatch in Synapse

Hi all,
while working recently on a local build of Synapse I ran across a build
failure.
Upon further inspection of the pom I found that Synapse is being built on
Java 1.6.
[image: image.png]
My local jdk installation was 1.8 so with a simple pom update it got built
successfully.
However, then I found out that the CI/CD pipeline has been configured to
build on 1.7.
[image: image.png]

This is in contrast to other forks of synapse, notably WSO2-synapse
<https://github.com/wso2/wso2-synapse> which has both 1.8 in the pom,
[image: image.png]
and 1.8 in the CD pipeline definition.
[image: image.png]

I'm raising this since I ran into a build failure while trying to merge a
PR in my personal fork and the checks failed. The culprit turned out to be
the deprecated java version.
[image: image.png]

Would appreciate some thoughts on this. I'm more than happy to create a PR
and bump the JDK versions since it's a simple fix.

Kind regards
--
*Nuwan Jayawardene*
Assistant Lecturer, Informatics Institute of Technology (IIT).

Re: JDK version mismatch in Synapse

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I sent a PR to the Synapse master, linked here:
https://github.com/apache/synapse/pull/53

I had some prior commits when I was testing out Synapse, all of which I
reverted before sending the PR.
So apologies in advance for having a bit of a polluted PR.

Kind regards

[image: image.gif]

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nuwan,