Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Barak Simon <ba...@db.com> on 2004/08/18 08:29:57 UTC

Solaris issue solved (at last!)

Hi Michael,

I found the bug in the PropertyConfigurator which caused me so much grieve the last couple of days
(this should probably go to the dev list, but I am too lazy to register there...)

It seems that there is a bug in old enough CC compiler versions (5.3 and lower I guess) in the ternary operator,
so that implicit conversions of third parameter (assuming the second one was the route taken in the condition...)
cause destructor to be called twice (once for the legit second object and once for the implicitly converted one).

You may find further details on this at:

http://forum.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=5&thread=18252

The good news is that you can easily get rid of the bug by explicit conversion of _T("null") to String(_T("null"))
in line 317 of propertyconfigurator.cpp
(for some reason you did that in DOMConfigurator already, so no problem there).

Please let me know if/when you are fixing it, as I am not sure how easy it is for me to convince our sysadmin
to install the required SunOS patch...

All the best,
Barak

________________________
Barak Simon
GED IT Core Platform
190 George St. Sydney, 2000
Phone +61 2 925 85070
Fax      +61 2 925 95050

Re: Solaris issue solved (at last!)

Posted by Michaël CATANZARITI <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Barak,

That's good news !

I just committed your fix in the CVS repository.

Thank you for your contribution.

Reagrds,

--
Michaël CATANZARITI