Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Rosenberg <jr...@tabbysplace.org> on 2011/02/01 18:38:46 UTC

Re: Shared context.xml on WIndows XP

Thanks to all for their help.  After some more investigation, I
realized I really didn't want Tomcatto follow the sym links.  I solved
my problem by defining some Contexts in server.xml so that, for
eample, /images looked for a specific folder (not under Tomcat's
control)

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: shmoldie@gmail.com [mailto:shmoldie@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Rosenberg
> Subject: Re: Shared context.xml on WIndows XP

> I removed the <Context path='/images' ...<> from server.xml,
> created conf/Catalina/[host]/images.xml & put the Context
> element in there, without the path attribute.

> Seems to be working fine, so I think I did it right?

Looks good to me.

 - Chuck

Re: Shared context.xml on WIndows XP

Posted by Jonathan Rosenberg <jr...@tabbysplace.org>.
Makes sense, I think.  For example, I removed the <Context
path='/images' ...<> from server.xml, created
conf/Catalina/[host]/images.xml & put the Context element in there,
without the path attribute.

Seems to be working fine, so I think I did it right?

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director
Tabby's Place, a Cat Sanctuary