Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ja...@thomson.com on 2006/09/29 22:04:06 UTC

Is runtime order of IndexingFilter Plugins deterministic?

Hi all-

Thanks for your generous help in the past.

I am planning to develop a set of IndexingFilters that will normalize
some data before putting it into the Document fields.

We foresee the need to control the order in which these normalization
plugins are run.  For example, one plugin might need to use the result
of another normalizing plugin as input to its normalization task.

Is there currently any way to control this order via configuration? If
not, do you guys think this would be a useful feature?

Thanks,
Jared-

Re: Is runtime order of IndexingFilter Plugins deterministic?

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
jared.dunne@thomson.com wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> Thanks for your generous help in the past.
>
> I am planning to develop a set of IndexingFilters that will normalize
> some data before putting it into the Document fields.
>
> We foresee the need to control the order in which these normalization
> plugins are run.  For example, one plugin might need to use the result
> of another normalizing plugin as input to its normalization task.
>
> Is there currently any way to control this order via configuration? If
> not, do you guys think this would be a useful feature?

There is no way to control their order now. I think it could be a useful
addition. You could implement this the way it's done in other places,
like e.g. URLFilters.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><