Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Street <bs...@clearsightnet.com> on 2006/01/21 19:20:21 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2 and phpmyadmin troubles

Hello everyone,

I've been wracking my brain for the solution to a problem I am experiencing;
I hope someone can help me figure out what is going on.

I have 2 servers, 1 local and the other a dedicated server on the east coast
(not that the location matters).

I am following the how-to here
(http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/#install_packages) and have
installed both servers the same (although there are some slight differences
because the servers are not identical):

    * postfix (Choose: "Local only")
    * postfix-mysql
    * postfix-doc
    * mysql-client (for MySQL 3.x/4.0) or mysql-client-4.1 (for MySQL4.1)
    * mysql-server (for MySQL 3.x/4.0) or mysql-server-4.1 (for MySQL4.1)
    * courier-authdaemon
    * courier-authmysql
    * courier-pop (for unencrypted POP3 access)
    * courier-pop-ssl (for SSL-encrypted POP3 access)
    * courier-imap (for unencrypted IMAP access)
    * courier-imap-ssl (for SSL-encrypted IMAP access)
    * postfix-tls (for encrypted authenticated SMTP)
    * libsasl2 (the Cyrus SASL library)
    * libsasl2-modules (the mechanisms for the SASL library)
    * libsasl2-modules-sql
    * openssl (to create the certificate)
    * amavisd-new
    * spamassassin
    * clamav
    * clamav-daemon
    * zoo
    * unzip
    * unarj
    * lha

On the local server I can pull up the phpmyadmin web page but not on the
remote server. I continue to get the pop-up box in Firefox that asks me what
I want to do with application/x-httpd-php (Open with or save to disk). I
have done lots of googling and found lots of references that suggested
adding the following lines to the httpd.conf file:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

which I have done but doesn't resolve the issue. I do not have the above
files in the httpd.conf file on my local server so I was certainly skeptical
that would help.

Can anyone tell me what I am overlooking here?

Thanks in advance,
Brian.