Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/02/02 15:48:45 UTC

[Discuss] [Issue] Application Monitor is not created if Complete Topology was not received

Hi Devs,

It seems like if we deploy an application before Complete Topology event is
received, application monitor does not get created. As a result application
is not created.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Application Monitor is not created if Complete Topology was not received

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
I have now fixed this issue by publishing the Complete Topology event at
the Cloud Controller startup. Now the server is usable as soon as it prints
the managerment console URL.

The problem was that the topology synchronizer task was not running
initially when its scheduled.

Thanks

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Gayan for the information..

Yah Imesh..It seems that it is there from the beginning..

Thanks,
Reka

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 6:50 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Reka,
>
> According to my understanding this problem was there from the begining. I
> will investigate and see what's causing it.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Reka,
>>
>> This is happen when server started. Even the server started we can't
>> deploy the application until the complete topology event received.
>> (Topology get initialized with the complete topology event.)
>>
>> We come across this when doing the integration testing. Integration test
>> execution will start once the server started. But the application
>> deployment get failed if this test execution happen before complete
>> topology is received.So we need to wait until for the complete topology
>> event to execute the test suite.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gayan
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 12:59 AM, Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gayan,
>>>
>>> Can you explain me the current application deployment model and the
>>> persistence model? AFAIR, in order to handle this kind of scenario, the
>>> relevant implementation has been added in pre-alpha. I will check and
>>> verify it..
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Reka

>>> --
>>> Reka Thirunavukkarasu
>>> Senior Software Engineer,
>>> WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
>>> Mobile: +94776442007
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Gayan Gunarathne
>> Technical Lead
>> WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
>> email  : gayang@wso2.com  | mobile : +94 766819985
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
Mobile: +94776442007

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Application Monitor is not created if Complete Topology was not received

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Reka,

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi Reka,