Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by David Wagener <Da...@awi.de> on 2010/02/11 11:06:42 UTC

Why becomes my Repository bigger and bigger?!

Hello all together,

i have a problem with the size of my repository.

First I registered 22 Node-Types. There is one Node-Type, which is the
"Main-Node-Type" and 21 other Node-Types, which have the "Main-Node-Type" as
a supertype.

The CND of the main node-type looks like:

[nt:GSBL] orderable

- * (STRING)

- * (STRING) multiple

+ * = nt:GSBL multiple VERSION

The CND of the others like this:

[nt:GV4A] > nt:GSBL

Then I imported 5 XML-files with a capacity of 4,26 MB. Each file is 873 KB.

All Nodetypes are used. In the xml-file there is a attribute like this
"<GSBLRN jcr:primaryType="nt:GSBL">".

When I check the size of the repository, the repository has a size of 114
MB.

I wondered, when I saw the hugh size. How can it be? 4,25MB become 114 MB in
Jackrabbit. That's not niceL

In the Future I have to import xml-files with a capacity of 2,5 GB. I have
to define different node-types to get a fast XPATH-result for example.

I hope, I will get help.

Thank you a lot!

Greetings!

David