Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yaron Shahrabani <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/10 12:02:31 UTC

Hebrew translator

Hello guys,
I would like to help maintain the Hebrew translation of OpenOffice.org.
I've already been involved with the translation process before and I know
the suite very well.

Please grant me with translator access to the pootle server.

Kind regards,
Yaron Shahrabani

<Hebrew translator>

Re: Hebrew translator

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/29/12 7:41 AM, Yaron Shahrabani wrote:
> The server seems down from here ☺
> http://www.isup.me/translate.apache.org
>
> Any insights?

the server shoidl be available again ->

AOO 3.4 UI -> https://translate.apache.org/projects/OOo_34/
AOO 3.4 Help -> https://translate.apache.org/projects/OOo_34_help/

> How can I work with the Pootle server if I'm not a committer and what can I
> do in order to become a committer and fully utilise the Pootle server.

you can start by suggesting new translations in the pootle server.

Go on the pootle server, select the project and your language, click
translate -> view untranslated -> start ...

Inform us when you have finished your work and somebody with committer
rights can review/accept it.

I hope we can find a smoother way to serve volunteers with the necessary
access rights in the future. But for now we have to go this way.

Committer status is granted and given on invitation over time depending
on the contribution somebody is making. It's always good to simply start
contribution ...

Juergen

Re: Hebrew translator

Posted by Yaron Shahrabani <sh...@gmail.com>.