Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ronald Rough <ro...@mail.dfrc.nasa.gov> on 2003/02/14 00:19:57 UTC

[users@httpd] RSA WebAgent and Apache 1.3.26 not 1.3.27

Apache Version / RSA Secure ID question:

Why is WebAgent5.1 not supported
with Apache 1.3.27 and mod_ssl-2.8.12-1.3.27.

I would like fo get the technical reason for
this. I know of someone who installed the
WebAgent.tar file from your web site and
it worked with the latest versions of
Apache and mod_sss.

I am worried that I might be using the
Web Agent in incorrect manner.

Thanks for your help with this issure,

Ron

Ron Rough
Arcata Associates
Systems Administrator
Department 311
Dryden Flight Research Center
Phone: (661) 276-7513
Fax: (661) 276-3462

Re: [users@httpd] RSA WebAgent and Apache 1.3.26 not 1.3.27

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Ronald Rough wrote:

> Apache Version / RSA Secure ID question:
>
> Why is WebAgent5.1 not supported
> with Apache 1.3.27 and mod_ssl-2.8.12-1.3.27.
>
> I would like fo get the technical reason for
> this. I know of someone who installed the
> WebAgent.tar file from your web site and
> it worked with the latest versions of
> Apache and mod_sss.
>
> I am worried that I might be using the
> Web Agent in incorrect manner.

I suspect you'd need to ask RSA that question.

In general, Apache 1.3.26 and 1.3.27 are binary-compatible at the API
level, so there should be no problem in using the same module with both.
If I had to guess, I would say that RSA just hasn't bothered doing testing
with 1.3.27.

Joshua.