Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by cr...@animalhead.com on 2007/01/19 09:56:39 UTC

Apache2::Request does not foul up content length

On further investigation, there is no problem between
Apache2::Request and KeepAlive, as I had previously accused.

The problem was that the checking routines, after form data was
obtained from Apache2::Request, included a Perl module called
Mail::CheckUser.  This module performed various transactions on
the Internet, to check the authenticity of an email address
submitted in the form.

These Mail::CheckUser calls work fine under Apache1 and
mod_perl(1).

When the Mail::CheckUser calls are commented out under
Apache2 and mod_perl2, our handler performs correctly.

Can anyone suggest a way (possibly including an external
process initiated by the subject mod_perl2 handler) by
which this mod_perl handler can:

1. use the lengthy checking performed by Mail::CheckUser, and
2. allow the Apache2 server to maintain KeepAlive???

Thanks,
Craig MacKenna
www.animalhead.com