Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Boland, Dave" <Da...@cwcom.co.uk> on 2004/02/19 13:14:34 UTC

Filter mapping problem under Solaris 9

Hello All,

Apologies if this has been brought up already, but I have a slightly odd
problem with filter-mapping in Tomcat 4.1.x ( I've tried under 4.1.24 and
4.1.29 ), which works fine under Windows 2K. I am using j2se 1.4.1_03 and
have tried j2se1.4.2_03 ( with 64 bit extension ) with j2ee 1.3.1 running
under a vanilla Solaris 9 instance on a Sun Netra T1. I can replicate the
problem with a clean install of all products and the only thing that I
haven't been able to change is the OS.

The problem concerns getting parameters from the request object after a
filter has been applied. Under Win2K it is possible to specify a URL mapping
of '/main.jsp' for example so that only certain files have filters applied (
I am using the jCIFs to authenticate certain files, but I have proved the
problem with custom/dummy classes ).

The problem occurs in Solaris when a filter mapping is specified and the url
does not fit the pattern. Under these circumstaces, I am then unable to get
the information from the request object if the parameters are passed by a
form. Parameters enbedded in the URL are fine, but form params are not
available ( not sure of the state of the request object as a whole - when I
have some spare time !! I'll check ).

Most people / examples that I have come across when googling use a
url-pattern of /* and this is fine as everything is pattern matched ok. And
as I said, under Windows, there is no problem in specifiying specific urls /
patterns for it to match, just Solaris is the problem.... ( I'm trying to
scrounge a Linux box to try, but that is just problem narrowing as we don't
have any Linux webservers... )

Cheers

Dave

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited