Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com> on 2010/12/09 22:21:09 UTC

NetAddr::IP

At one point there was an issue with the NetAddr::IP package that caused
problems with SA, but I have not heard anything about it recently.  Does
the current 4.037 version still have the same issue?  If so, what needs
to be done to work around it?

I am running the latest SA 3.3.1, if it makes a difference.

Bowie

Re: NetAddr::IP

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 16:49 -0500, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> On 12/9/2010 4:39 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

> > According to that, the bug finally and fully has been fixed since
> > NetAddr::IP 4.036.
> >
> > Always glad to copy-n-paste other guys' Subject lines into search
> > engines or list archives. The latter answered this question. ;)
>
> Appreciated...  At least you didn't link me to www.lmgtfy.com!  :)

Well, I didn't use google anyway this time. ;)

> I followed the thread when it was active, but there was never anything
> on the thread that indicated that the bug had been fully fixed.  I had
> not looked at the actual bug entry.

I didn't recall all details either, but had a feeling it might be worth
digging it up. Frankly, I thought the patch by Mark I referenced could
help you, but kept digging since that was about a previous release. I
did have a look at the original bug back those days, but that was before
the reopening and subsequent second fix.

On the upside, we now have it all documented here. :)

Re: NetAddr::IP

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.

--
Bowie