Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Dagang Wei <fu...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/22 17:33:34 UTC

Re: Speed up Bigtop build through parallelism?

Hi Cos,

Is there a guide or could you point me to the source code of "splitting the
build by components"?

The problem I am experience now is that, sometimes component build (e.g.,
hbase) is flaky (due to network issue, etc), then I need to retry the whole
build. I am thinking about splitting package build with apt repository
build, apt repository build depends on debs, so that instead of retry the
whole build for a single component failure, only retry the failed component
build.

Thanks!

Posted by Sergey Soldatov <se...@gmail.com>.
OK

On Jul 22, 2018 12:28 PM, "Konstantin Boudnik" <co...@apache.org> wrote:

Check this out

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/
--
  With regards,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Check this out