Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Tirasa <ma...@tirasa.net> on 2017/05/24 10:11:54 UTC

[Proposal] Add some feedbacks when linking not existing groups/resources to existing user

Hi,

When using *syncope-enduser* to create or edit a User, it would be nice
to have a feedback when user tries to link a group or resource that does
not exist and block user from entering any group/resource when no
groups/resources are available in the system.

For instance ("Group" test case):

  * I am in "Groups" tab and manually enter a not existing group name in
    "Groups" input element;
  * Click "Next" and I'm on next tab;
    anymore.

*Problem*: I have got no feedbacks about the situation and I have
initially thought my group was linked to my user.

*Possible* *solution* ("Group" test case):

  * /Case/ /1/: there is a group at least:

     1. If user inserts a not existing group (he does not choose one
        from dropdown) and clicks on "Next" button -->  show a message
        to warn that he must choose a group from dropdown : Sample
        <http://imgur.com/EKfbVrS> ;
     2. The group name he have entered will be removed from input
        element : Sample <http://imgur.com/1T16lBe>;
     3. If user inserts no groups, everything should work as usual.

  * /Case/ /2/: there are no groups:

     1. "Groups" input element should be disabled by default.

/Matteo/

Re: [Proposal] Add some feedbacks when linking not existing groups/resources to existing user

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I agree with Andrea, your proposed change looks good.

Please go ahead and open an issue on JIRA for that (referencing this
mail thread).

Then, if you would like to submit a PR for that...

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [Proposal] Add some feedbacks when linking not existing groups/resources to existing user

Posted by Andrea Patricelli <an...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Dott. Andrea Patricelli