Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mukundaraman valakumaresan <mu...@8kmiles.com> on 2014/05/27 22:05:41 UTC

Solr Suggester vs Solr SpellChecker

Hi

For auto suggestions I see, that the SpellChecker Component is being used.

In SolrConfig.xml,  I see the following SuggestComponent.  What is the
difference between these 2 components? Which one should be used for Auto
Suggestions.

I could see the SpellChecker component working, any references to use the
SuggesterComponent?

<searchComponent name="suggest" class="solr.SuggestComponent">
  <lst name="suggester">
      <str name="name">mySuggester</str>
      <str name="lookupImpl">FuzzyLookupFactory</str>      <!--
org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.fst -->
      <str name="dictionaryImpl">DocumentDictionaryFactory</str>     <!--
org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.HighFrequencyDictionaryFactory -->
      <str name="field">cat</str>
      <str name="weightField">price</str>
      <str name="suggestAnalyzerFieldType">string</str>
    </lst>
  </searchComponent>

Thanks & Regards
Mukund