Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Miles, Eric (CONT)" <Er...@capitalone.com> on 2014/02/04 20:55:45 UTC

Exclude certain aspects of TomEE?

I'm really new to OpenEJB and the use of TomEE so please excuse this if it's a dumb question, but I didn't find what I was looking for in the documentation.

We currently use Jetty for embedded integration testing with our Maven build.  Our production deployments are to another, extremely expensive application server so our use of Jetty is limited to only development/integration testing.  We have a need to deploy other JEE artifacts into Jetty (other wars and a few ears containing EJBs) and we have done as much with the inclusion of ActiveMQ and other open source options.  Rather than do all of this, we're looking at leveraging TomEE+ since this all comes baked in.  However, we're having difficulties getting our stuff deployed due to conflicts.  Most of our artifacts are Jersey2+Spring applications, leveraging things such JSR 349 with the Hibernate Validator, etc.

My question is, is it possible to turn off TomEE for certain things like it's built in support for JAX-RS or bean validation?  Or is there a way to tell TomEE to use the class/library in a war/ear over what is on the container's class path?  If so, how is this accomplished?

Thanks so much,
Eric

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

Re: Exclude certain aspects of TomEE?

Posted by "Miles, Eric (CONT)" <Er...@capitalone.com>.
I did miss this, thanks a lot!  I'll take a look.

Thanks again,
Eric

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
well you missed the part about javaee, maybe
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/little-tip-to-help-you-to-test-javaee-7-in-tomee-with-tomee-maven-plugin/
can help
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by "Miles, Eric (CONT)" <Er...@capitalone.com>.
[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi