Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by honno <ho...@163.com> on 2010/07/26 11:47:23 UTC

Having Duplicate message when using failover and networkConnector .

HI,all.
I use failover transport to connect to brokerA and brokerB.The brokerA and
brokerB use a networkConnector to connect each other.

But i found the brokerA has a duplicate message when restart brokerA or
brokerB.

The test case as follow:

(1)start brokerA,brokerB,start producer and consumer,sending 100000 messages
by producer.
(2)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
(3)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds
(4)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
(5)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds
(6)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
(7)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds

After the producer sends all messages(100000),the consumer receives all
messages,But i find the brokerA
has a message which cannot be consumed by the consumer and the message is a
duplicate message which has bean consumed by the consumer.

When i restart the consumer or start another consumer ,the consumer or the
another consumer will receive the duplicate messsage.

I use the version 5.3.2 .And i find the 5.3.2 and 5.3.0 has the same
problem(having duplicate message),but the 5.2.0 is OK.

So is this  a bug of ActiveMQ 5.3.2?

the brokerA config :

       <networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://localhost:61617)" />
        </networkConnectors>

the brokerB  config :
       <networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://localhost:61616)" />
        </networkConnectors>

the client uri :
     failover:(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://localhost:61617)?randomize=false

thanks.

Re: Having Duplicate message when using failover and networkConnector .

Posted by honno <ho...@163.com>.
Sorry.
I just test the scenario manually .
It is difficult for me to write a junit test for the test scenario.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
can you package up your test case or ideally mash it into a junit test
case along the lines of some of the tests in:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/usecases/

BrokerQueueNetworkWithDisconnectTest and NoDuplicateOnTopicNetworkTest
may provide some inspiration. That will help fully understand your
usecase and provide the ideal basis for reproducing and resolving.

On 27 July 2010 03:45, honno <ho...@163.com> wrote:

> I use the same test case to test the 5.4-SNAPSHOT and the 5.3.3-SNAPSHOT
> which both have the duplicate message.
>
> So it maybe a bug in the version 5.3.0 ,5.3.2,5.3.3-SNAPSHOT and
> 5.4-SNAPSHOT.
>

> Gary Tully wrote:
>>
>> can you try your test case against a 5.4-SNAPSHOT?
>>
>> On 26 July 2010 10:47, honno <ho...@163.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> HI,all.
>>> I use failover transport to connect to brokerA and brokerB.The brokerA
>>> and
>>> brokerB use a networkConnector to connect each other.
>>>
>>> But i found the brokerA has a duplicate message when restart brokerA or
>>> brokerB.
>>>
>>> The test case as follow:
>>>
>>> (1)start brokerA,brokerB,start producer and consumer,sending 100000
>>> messages
>>> by producer.
>>> (2)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
>>> (3)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds
>>> (4)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
>>> (5)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds
>>> (6)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
>>> (7)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds
>>>
>>> After the producer sends all messages(100000),the consumer receives all
>>> messages,But i find the brokerA
>>> has a message which cannot be consumed by the consumer and the message is
>>> duplicate message which has bean consumed by the consumer.
>>>
>>> When i restart the consumer or start another consumer ,the consumer or
>>> the
>>> another consumer will receive the duplicate messsage.
>>>
>>> I use the version 5.3.2 .And i find the 5.3.2 and 5.3.0 has the same
>>> problem(having duplicate message),but the 5.2.0 is OK.
>>>
>>> So is this  a bug of ActiveMQ 5.3.2?
>>>
>>> the brokerA config :
>>>
>>>       <networkConnectors>
>>>            <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://localhost:61617)" />
>>>        </networkConnectors>
>>>
>>> the brokerB  config :
>>>       <networkConnectors>
>>>            <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://localhost:61616)" />
>>>        </networkConnectors>
>>>
>>> the client uri :
>>>
>>> failover:(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://localhost:61617)?randomize=false
>>>
>>> thanks.
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> http://blog.garytully.com
>>
>> Open Source Integration
>> http://fusesource.com

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: Having Duplicate message when using failover and networkConnector .

Posted by honno <ho...@163.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
can you try your test case against a 5.4-SNAPSHOT?

On 26 July 2010 10:47, honno <ho...@163.com> wrote:

> HI,all.
> I use failover transport to connect to brokerA and brokerB.The brokerA and
> brokerB use a networkConnector to connect each other.
>
> But i found the brokerA has a duplicate message when restart brokerA or
> brokerB.
>
> The test case as follow:
>
> (1)start brokerA,brokerB,start producer and consumer,sending 100000 messages
> by producer.
> (2)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
> (3)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds
> (4)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
> (5)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds
> (6)stop brokerA, restart brokerA after 5 seconds
> (7)stop brokerB,  restart brokerB after 5 seconds
>
> After the producer sends all messages(100000),the consumer receives all
> messages,But i find the brokerA
> has a message which cannot be consumed by the consumer and the message is a
> duplicate message which has bean consumed by the consumer.
>
> When i restart the consumer or start another consumer ,the consumer or the
> another consumer will receive the duplicate messsage.
>
> I use the version 5.3.2 .And i find the 5.3.2 and 5.3.0 has the same
> problem(having duplicate message),but the 5.2.0 is OK.
>
> So is this  a bug of ActiveMQ 5.3.2?
>
> the brokerA config :
>
>       <networkConnectors>
>            <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://localhost:61617)" />
>        </networkConnectors>
>
> the brokerB  config :
>       <networkConnectors>
>            <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://localhost:61616)" />
>        </networkConnectors>
>
> the client uri :
>     failover:(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://localhost:61617)?randomize=false
>
> thanks.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com