Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/09/19 17:57:27 UTC

TC3.3-b2 Upgrade Issue

	We tried upgrading to TC3.3-b2 from TC 3.3-b1 today and had a very
strange problem, which forced us to revert back to b1.

	Unsecured pages worked just fine, but when accessing the secured
pages (secured using form-based login), we were unable to get our custom
authenticator to work.  It seems like our authenticator was never being
called and was never instantiated (adding log and System.out.println
statements to the constructor and getCredentials method lead to this
assumption).

	In the apps-APP.xml file we have the RequestInterceptor tag with our
class in the class name attribute and the class itself extends RealmBase.

	Our platform is RedHat 7.1 using Sun's JDK1.3.1.

	Any thoughts?

	Randy