Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Antonio Gelameris <an...@lastminute.com> on 2020/03/25 15:32:26 UTC

Asking help for parsing MySql Alter Table statements

Hello to everyone!
I was trying to understand whether it's possible to parse ALTER TABLE
statements or not (like the ones supported in MYSQL).
After some hours googling, I have the feeling that according to
documentation (https://calcite.apache.org/docs/reference.html#ddl-extensions)
it's not possible (they're not mentioned), neither using
SqlDdlParserImpl.FACTORY in calcite-server, since the internal
representation required to describe a state change like this is too
different from the current one, am I right?
Thanks for your time and help!
---
Antonio

--

Listed on SIX Swiss Exchange

Our websites: lmgroup.lastminute.com |
<http://lmgroup.lastminute.com/> lastminute.com <http://lastminute.com/> |
weg.de <http://weg.de/> | jetcost.com <http://jetcost.com/> |
volagratis.com <http://volagratis.com/> | rumbo.es <http://rumbo.es/> |
bravofly.com <http://bravofly.com/> | hotelscan <https://hotelscan.com/it>
| crocierissime <https://www.crocierissime.it/>

This e-mail may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and
could be a crime. The contents of this email are not personal and therefore
the answers to this email may be known, within the limits allowed by
company policies, by the organization of the sender.

Re: Asking help for parsing MySql Alter Table statements

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Calcite server supports a minimal set of DDL commands so that you can create a Calcite server with state. However I don’t see us adding a lot of other commands, or supporting other engines’ syntax (which would probably reference concepts that do not exist in Calcite).

So the Babel module is probably a better place for this.

Julian

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.